Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Zen Fan

I think that Dreamweaver Stencils and Magenta sentiment stamps make a dream team for simple, pretty Zentangled cards.  I have paired them up quite a bit.  Here's the latest

by Dianne Johnson
Dreamweaver Stencil: LM 189 Fan
Magenta Stamp:  07-804-F "I'm a fan of yours!"

This card didn't really want to get made.  I had this stencil from Dreamweaver for a while, and wanted to Zentangle with it on a card.  I didn't really have a good sentiment for it though, and Helene from Magenta kindly consented to make this one for me, which is just so perfect!  [this stamp can be obtained through Magenta - or for local Art 'n Soul readers, you can get it through the shop].  Once I got the stamp, then I couldn't find the stencil.  I looked for it for a while, and then decided to get another one; which would surely mean the first one would turn up. Yeah, that didn't happen.  In fact, the second one disappeared also.  Ok, I'm embarrassed to admit that this is the third one of these stencils I have purchased.  I decided to quickly make this card before this one joins the others.  Yes, I am doing some renovation in my studio, but why am I only losing this one stencil, over and over?  Some things just can't be explained.

Local Art 'n Soul readers, we are having a gigantic trunk show of Dreamweaver products at the shop for the next couple of weeks.  This Saturday the 10th, Lynell and Wayne Harlow of Dreamweaver Stencils will be in the shop to demo their products, all day from 11:00 - 4:00.  Lynell will demo molten paste and other techniques, and Wayne will be showing Zentangling inside Dreamweaver stencils!  I know I will be there!

I will also demo Zentangling using Dreamweaver stencils on Wednesday the 14th and Thursday the 15th.  Ok, actually, for those of you who know me, you know I will demo Zentangle pretty much any time anyone asks.  Or even if they don't ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne