Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Magenta Challenge - April 2015


March 2015 - Magenta Challenge :
Nature

Create a Card, a Layout or even an altered object, if you feel like it,
follow the theme and use at least one Magenta product :
papers, stamps, embellishment, Peel Off's, chipboard and more...

You have until April 28th to enter!

You could win this Magenta Prize :


Here's my card:


I started with the beautiful stamp Thee Flowers 14.639.P, and stamped it with Versamark Ink onto watercolor card stock, then embossed with white embossing powder.  I brushed water onto the panel and painted it with colors from Artquest Palette Metallic (using Super Copper, True Blue and Spring Green)  With the panel being wet already, I did not take particular care to stay within the embossed lines, preferring the colors to run and blur just a little.  At the end I flicked some dots of True Blue paint onto the whole panel.  

Taking a piece of Neenah Solar White card stock, I cut out an oval using Sizzix Framelits Ovals.  I took the Magenta stamp Rest & Renewal 07.843.G, and using a stamp positioner, stamped the first line of the sentiment at the top and the second line at the bottom of my card.  A tutorial on this technique can be found on my blog here.  (Scroll down for the bonus tutorial using a stamp positioner).

The oval panel was adhered to the watercolored flowers, and the whole thing was adhered to a base card made from Stardream Fair Blue paper.

Now it's your turn!

Make your own creation on the theme of Nature, using at least one Magenta product.  Go to the Magenta blog here to see what the Design Team has created, and to enter your creation.

Please use In linkz to submit your page
One entry per person only


Stamps used in my project:

Three Flowers 14.639.P

Rest & Renewal 07.843.G

Other Materials Used:
Artquest Palette - Metallic
Versamark Ink
Versafine Black Onyx Ink
White Opaque embossing powder by JudiKins
Tim Holtz Watercolor paper
Stardream Fair Blue card stock
Various pearl embellishments
Stamp-a-ma-jig stamp positioner



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne