Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas Nuance



I was playing with Nuance again, and discovered that it's not hard to apply it in selective spots through a stencil.

First I laid the TM-135, Christmas Ornament stencil onto a piece of dry watercolor cardstock, and carefully tapped color into the openings (Red and Scarlet). I spritzed lightly with water and Perfect Pearls powder. If you spray too much, you might not get the detail you want. I then carefully repeated the process using the TM-130 Holly Border stencil. I used the Jade and Grass Green colors for the holly leaves, and the Red and Scarlet colors for the berries. After lifting the stencils, I mixed a little Nuance powder and pearly water onto my mat and flicked color over the whole card.


The sentiment was stamped in Versafine black ink, and split it on either side of the ornament using a stamp positioned. At the end, I scattered a few sequins.

I hope you will give this Nuance technique a try. It was easy and fun!

Magenta Products Used
07.886.G Joyeux Noël
TM135 Christmas Ornaments
TM130 Holly Border

Magenta Nuance Colors

MNU004 - Jade
MNU009 - Grass Green
MNU010 - Scarlet
MNU015 - Red

Other Products Used
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Perfect Pearls Powder
Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, just received your fabulous card ! Thanks a lot and wish you and your familly all the best for the Christmas Holliday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same to you and yours Carole! And here's to another great year! Happy New Year!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne