Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Magenta Christmas Inspiration

Magenta has a great Christmas Inspiration Look Book out, and you can look at all of the great cards by the Design Team, and designer Christine Gaudreault on the Magenta blog here.

Keep paging through and you will see two cards of mine in the book. They were each done with the same technique, but different stencils and colors.


The technique I used for these is stencil stamping. You can see a tutorial on this technique here, and another stencil stamped card here.

On the above card, I applied Distress Inks Worn Lipstick, and Festive Berries direct to water color card stock. I liberally sprayed MC16 Poinsettia Garden Mask with pearly water (2 oz water with 1/4 tsp Perfect Pearls Pearl powder), and applied the stencil to the panel. When dried, I stamped this beautiful Merry Christmas sentiment (07.462.I) and embossed with White Diamond embossing powder. The mat around the watercolor panel was made by applying Versamark directly to all 4 sides of the paper, and embossing with White Diamond. This provided a perfectly matching mat for my card. This was mounted onto a red card base, and various sequins were sprinkled on. Since I used a red card base, I cut a stitched rectangle using the largest die in the Memory Box Stitched Rectangles dies 30009.



The second card was done using the same technique, but with different colors. I used Abandoned Coral and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks, and the stencil is Magenta TM129 Poinsettia Border Stencil

Pink/Red Card
Magenta Products used:
07.462.I Merry Christmas
MC16 Poinsettia Garden Mask
Other Products Used:
Distress Inks: Worn Lipstick; Festive Berries
Versamark ink
Judikins White Diamond embossing powder
Perfect Pearls Pearl powder
Tim Holtz watercolor paper
Memory Box Stitched Rectangles Die 30009 (inside)
Various sequins

Red/Green Card
Magenta Products Used:
07.462.I Merry Christmas
TM129 Poinsettia Border
Other Products Used:
Distress Inks: Abandoned Coral; Mowed Lawn
Versamark ink
Judikins White Diamond embossing powder
Perfect Pearls Pearl powder
Tim Holtz watercolor paper
Silver Stardream paper
Various sequins

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne