Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Kensington Thank You


This is the last of the samples I made for my Alcohol Ink Mini class, and it's one of my favorites. I helped design the Magenta sentiment stamp that I used here, and it's close to my heart. All of the languages used here mean a lot to me, especially the second one, "Takk fyrir", which is Thank You in Icelandic.


The strip of alcohol ink covered Yupo paper is just a piece of a larger panel that I made. Yupo paper is plastic and can be tough, but it can be cut and die-cut.

I mounted the colored Yupo paper onto a strip of Stardream Emerald cardstock. I die cut the Memory Box Kensington Border out of Opal White cardstock and attached it to the colored Yupo paper at the left with Scor tape. To attach something to Yupo, it's best that you use very sticky adhesive like Scor tape. I trimmed the die cut off at the bottom. I didn't bother to stick down the rest of the die cut because I like it  partially unattached like that. If you want to stick the whole thing down, I recommend that you cut it out using Stick-it adhesive on the back.

I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink at the right of the card. This sentiment is nice because of the size. It's just right to add to a card where you have your main image as a strip on one side of the card. I added a bit of Purple Rain Nuvo drops to the left side of the die cut, and scattered a few sequins to the right of the card.

I hope you enjoyed seeing these samples as much as I enjoyed making them!

Products Used:

Magenta Stamp
07.882.I Multilingual Thank You
Memory Box die 98743 Kensington Border
Alcohol inks: Flamingo, Limeade, Amethyst, Turquoise
Yupo Paper
Stardream Emerald cardstock
Purple Rain Nuvo drops
Neenah Solar White 110#


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne