Pages

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Blue Christmas

As promised, here are the Christmas cards I did using the blue Prismacolors. I did try reds on one, but didn't like it as well. I think the reds would look better on lighter colored cardstock.


I love this stamp set from Simon Says Stamp called Winter Flowers. There is only one Poinsettia stamp in it though, and the leaves are separate. For this arrangement I had to stamp the 3 flowers separately, using masks, and I embossed them with gold embossing powder. The 5 leaves were also stamped separately, as was the sentiment. The sentiment is my favorite Merry Christmas stamp from Magenta. I used the MISTI for stamping all of this, because I wanted to make 6 of them. I also made 4 cards with different layouts so that I would have 10 using this set. Once I had the stamping done, it was fun to sit and color them at night.

Here is the first one I did, and quickly decided that it was going to be too much coloring, although I do think it's pretty.


I have the die set that comes with these stamps, but didn't use them for these cards since I want them to be one layer and mailable. I might use the dies for some tags.


Here are a few variations I did with this set. The two on the left have the least amount of coloring on them, yet they are still very pretty. I do prefer the blues to the red though.

As an update on my Cobalt Turquoise pencil, here it is at the end. I can't sharpen it anymore, it's too small. I'm keeping it though. It's the first pencil that I actually used up.


I'll be back soon with another Christmas card design.

Magenta Stamp used:
07.462.I Merry Christmas

Other Products used:

Die-namics MFT-463 Blueprints 13 die set
Versamark ink
JudiKins Detail Gold Embossing powder
Prismacolor pencils:
PC1091 Green Ochre
PC1005 Limepeel
PC919 Spring Green
PC105 Cobalt Turquoise
PC905 Aquamarine
PC992 Light Aqua
PC929 Rose
PC924 Crimson Red
PC925 Crimson Lake
PC923 Scarlet Lake
Curious Metallic Super Gold 111# cover cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock


6 comments:

  1. they're all beautiful! and you said you didn't do well with colored pencils; ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! Well after at least 4 classes with Terry Medaris I feel more confident ;-)

      Delete
  2. WOW cool ! Love the vibrant colors !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky me...I received one of these beauties....
    Thank you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne