Pages

Monday, December 18, 2017

Upcycle Your Scraps: Snowflake Peace

Now and then I'm going to try to post a card using bits and pieces left over from other cards or projects. I don't save EVERYTHING, but I do save a lot. This is a clean and simple card that makes a very nice Christmas card, and all of the parts of it were saved from other projects.


The snowflake ribbon is leftover from making the tags in this post here. I made 10 snowflake tags in which I cut out these snowflake ribbons out of watercolor cardstock which I had covered with different shades of blue, purple and green Nuance. I inserted snowflake ribbons die cut from white glitter paper, so I had 10 of these blue snowflake ribbon cutouts left over.

It was easy enough to add these to a white panel and add some Stickles to the snowflake for sparkle. The Peace sentiment was die cut from another piece of cardstock covered with blue Nuance. All of these pieces were spritzed with pearly water, so they are shiny. You can see a post where I play with Nuance here, and here. Unfortunately this Peace die (Memory Box 99236 Sketchbook Peace) is no longer available from Memory Box, but you could use any similar sentiment you have, including a stamped sentiment.

Magenta Nuance powdered colors are now available in a range of 30 beautiful colors. They can be purchased in sets or individually and very reasonable prices. I'm providing a link below to the Magenta site.

The mat for this card is a piece that was created with Stencil Stamping using Distress inks. You can see a post where I show you this technique here. For whatever reason, this piece did not make it into a previous project, but I really like it here for this mat.

Products Used:
Nuance by Magenta
Poppy 1249 Snowflake Ribbon die
Memory Box 99236 Sketchbook Peace die (disc)
Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock
Neenah Solar White cardstock 80# & 110#
Distress inks: Peacock Feathers; Picked Raspberry



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne