Pages

Friday, March 9, 2018

Die-cut Mini Masterpiece: Birthday Flower

This is the last one of these for a while, but I have had so much fun making them. They will be go-to cards for me for a while. I do try to keep track of cards that I send out. I take a photo of the card and put it in a file on my desktop labeled "Cards for People". I label the photo with the name of the person I sent it to and the date. I really want to try not to send the same or similar cards to people, but I know that I may have been guilty of that in the past.

I wanted to use a flower die-cut that resembles a poppy (from Savvy) so I made a masterboard with some reds in it. I think this one turned out fun (remember, they all look like a hot mess until you cut them).


Here's the card. It said celebration to me


Kind of crazy, I know, but the person that it's intended for will love it! I added lots of gold stickles to it, and some gold foil that is hard to pick up in the photograph.

These card designs are based on the Mini Masterpieces that we did in a class by Sally Penley. You can look at my Mini Masterpieces herehere, here, hereherehere, here, and hereSally is still teaching the Mini Masterpiece class, so if you are local, I highly recommend it. You will get so much from this class. You can access her website here to sign up for her classes or buy her beautiful artwork.

Sally has all of my originals from all of my posts, plus a few others from my talented friend Pam Nelson, who has a different interpretation for her die-cut mini masterpieces, and they are beautiful. If you take a class from Sally, you can see them there.

Products used:

Savvy 10018 Poppy
Simon Says Stamp SSS10170 Thoughtful Messages stamp set
Die-namics MFT463 Blueprints 13 (stitched rectangle 5.25" x 4")
Curious Metallics Super Gold cardstock
Stardream Red Jupiter cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock
Versafine Onyx Black ink


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne