Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Distress Oxide Glaze Technique: Thinking of You

Still playing with the Distress Oxide Glaze technique that I show here. I'm having fun turning these panels into cards, and I will have a couple more posts after this one with some fun things I have done.


This card ended up as a thank you card for someone who has done so much for me. I can't thank her enough.

If you follow the link above, I show how these backgrounds are made. Basically you take glossy cardstock and apply Distress Oxide ink in layers, drying between each layer. At the end you apply Distress Glaze to the front, which brightens the colors and seals your work and makes it permanent.

For this card, I selected a panel on which I had used a variety of Greens and just a little yellow and orange. I die cut this panel using the Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables. The largest die in this set cuts a panel to 3.75" x 5" and gives it a nice stitched edge.

When you stamp onto a glazed piece of glossy paper, I have found that the best thing to use is StazOn ink. Nothing else I tried really dried in a reasonable time. I stamped the bottom of this panel several times with a little stamp from Rubbernecker stamps. I also drew on it just a bit to fill in.

I stamped the sentiment at the top using a Simon Says Stamp set called Thoughtful Messages, which I find myself using quite a bit.

The flower petals are from some washi tape I got at Impress Cards and Crafts. This washi is unique in that it comes off the roll in individual petals rather than a straight line of tape. When I was there, they had this in pink and orange, but I really don't know who makes it. They used it on a very cute card where they made a flower like a pansy, using 5 petals. On this card, I only used one petal for each flower, because the lines seemed too small and thin to support a large flower. I kind of think it works; I think they look more like poppies this way.

I matted the panel onto a piece of Stampin' Up Cajun Craze cardstock cut to 4" x 5.25" and then adhered it to a base card of Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock.

I added some crystal iridescent sequins, and I always like to squeeze a little bit of Stickles onto them so the holes don't show.

I hope you like it, and stay tuned, I will have some more examples to show you.

Products Used:
Distress Oxides: Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade,
Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover, Peeled Paint
Ranger Alcohol Ink cardstock
Ranger Glaze medium
Rubbernecker stamp 608-02 Floral #2
Simon Says Stamp SSS101740 Thoughtful Messages
StazOn Jet Black ink
Lawn Fawn LF76f8 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables
Petal Washi tape from Impress Cards & Crafts
Crystal Iridescent sequins
Crystal Stickles
Stampin' Up Cajun Craze cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock






2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne